– The dry leaf consists of dark green, curly leaves
– It has a light grassy aroma
– The tea cups out a light green liquor with a sweet, grassy aroma
– It is a medium-bodied tea with a moderate amount of astringency. The liquor is packed with umami: grassy and salty flavour dominate the body of the tea
– Infuse this tea one and half to two minutes with 80C water. Try infusing two or three times
– This tea reminds me of both a Japanese Sencha and a Chinese Laoshan Green. I think it would appeal to people who like grassy/vegetal-tasting teas. The powerful umami punch in this tea makes it a very satisfying cuppa – it is definitely the type of green tea that gets my blood going!
Retail price: 50 grams for £5.13 / 125 grams for £11.57 / 250 grams for £20.83