Big news at Brew Tea Co!
About two weeks ago Brew Tea Co made big news by hitting the shelves of Waitrose throughout the UK. Brew Tea Co is already stocked by some speciality shops, but this is clearly excellent news for Brew Tea Co and tea drinkers who want to be able to buy good tea from their local supermarket. Congratulations! Waitrose is currently stocking Brew Tea Co’s entire range of whole leaf tea bags (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Moroccan Mint, Green Tea, and Fruit Punch), but tell the manager at your local store to stock their loose leaf range too!
– The dry leaf is aromatic – the fragrance of the Ceylon really comes through and gives it a fresh smell
– It is a well sorted dry leaf (no highly broken bits), with beautiful, almost wiry, large leaves that are a rich black colour
– The infused tea cups out a copper-coloured liquor that is much lighter in colour than many English breakfast teas
– It has a fresh, invigorating aroma – which comes from the Ceylon
– The liquor is very well balanced between the Ceylon and the Assam. The flavour of the Ceylon is most pronounced in the infused tea, giving it a refreshing lift, but the Assam is very important to the blend because it provides the body and hint of maltiness that is needed to make it a breakfast tea
– It is packed full of complex flavours and stronger than I expected, especially considering how large the dry leaves are
– This is a very versatile tea that can be infused for three minutes and taken without milk or infused five minutes and taken with a splash of milk (just not too much milk, as it stuffs up the complex flavours of the tea)
– I think this is a lifting breakfast tea. It is not something I see as an alternative to coffee, which could be said about some breakfast or builder teas that might go well with a greasy spoon fry-up. Rather, it is a rejuvenating morning cuppa that is full of complex flavours
– Lastly, I would like to point out Brew Tea Co’s attention to detail with the box I received. Making a positive first impression is key, and when I opened the box from Brew Tea Co I could tell that they handle their product with pride and care: the box was lined with paper so the tea didn’t slide around, and the pack of tea was wrapped in tissue paper with a string tied around it. The pack of tea wasn’t just flung into a shipping box, which I’ve seen too many times from other companies. You don’t feel special as a customer, and you wonder if the company actually cares about its product and presentation