– The dry leaf is moderately aromatic – enough aroma to entice!
– All the golden tips make this a beautiful tea
– The liquor has nice coppery colour
– Like the dry leaf, the infused liquor isn’t overly pronounced
– The flavour of the infused liquor is the strong point of this tea: it is smooth and bright, with a hint of maltiness. It has a refined flavour that you will only find in high quality Assams
– Steep this tea for 3.5 minutes for the first infusion. Give it 4 or 4.5 minutes for the second
– Adding milk to this tea, with its beautiful golden tips and smooth liquor, would break my heart. I guess you could steep it for longer and add milk, but I advise against it
– It was a wonderful surprise to find such a great, high quality tea in a supermarket. If you’re an Assam lover like myself, you won’t be disappointed with this tea