Tea: Black tea from Georgia
Sample provided by: Nothing But Tea
Retail price: 100 gram pouch for £5.95 / 250 gram pouch for £14.13
Link to Georgian Old Lady on Nothing But Tea website
– Beautiful wiry leaves with some golden tips scattered throughout the dry leaf
– Very aromatic dry leaf – the aroma is really noticeable when the leaves are added to a warmed teapot and the hot ceramic brings the leaves alive
– A medium copper-coloured liquor (darker than Natela’s Gold Standard, but slightly lighter than Georgian Old Gentleman)
– It is a smooth tea with little astringency
– The liqour has a citrusy, sweet flavour
– Infuse this tea for four minutes. Drink without milk or sugar. It is good for two infusions.
– This really is the sweet cousin of Georgian Old Gentleman tea. It is also slightly smoother than Old Gentleman. The best way I can explain the difference between Old Gentleman and Old Lady is that I see Old Gentleman as a possible morning tea, where as Old Lady would be a great afternoon tea. Both are packed with aroma and flavour!