Photo credit: Tea2you Facebook
I used to live in the London Bridge area and discovered Tea2you one day while walking through Borough Market. When you are at the market just look for the stall decorated with tea chests and bunting!
What’s great about Tea2you:
- Ratan is a great guy who provides friendly service, as well as plenty of information about how to make the tea.
- Ratan and his staff provide free tastings of tea.
- Tea2you has extremely fresh Darjeeling teas that has been purchased from tea gardens and shipped directly to London. There are no middle people in the process.
- Very good value for money (especially on Darjeeling teas!).
- Free delivery on online orders over £13.
Things to think about:
- If you’re looking for a tea shop with a massive selection, you will not find that at Tea2you. Ratan does carry a few other teas that are not Darjeelings, but Tea2you does not carry 50 to 150 teas that many online vendor sell. Not having a huge selection of tea, however, is possibly its greatest strength, because Ratan is specialised in providing top-quality Darjeeling teas.
- Smaller sample packs are not available for purchase. However, if you are at Borough Market, you can try the teas for free at Tea2you.
Even if you are like me and find Borough Market unbearably chaotic and overpriced and overhyped, I definitely recommend that you make a trip to Tea2you. The tea is wonderfully fresh and great value.