Photo credit: Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Facebook
Owner/manager: Richard Smith
Shop location: Online shop and factory shop in Pluckley
Social media: Facebook and Twitter (@kentteacoffee)
Recently I stumbled upon The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company while Google searching online tea shops that carry a good selection of Assam teas. I was so intrigued by their selection of Assams, as well as their numerous other teas, that I had to put in an order.
What’s great about The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company:
- They sell smaller packs of tea (50 grams and under) which makes trying numerous teas easier. I am really hesitant at times to try more expensive or unknown teas if I have to buy 100 grams or more.
- Teas come in airtight packs so you can order as much as you like without worrying that the tea will be exposed to air and light. I ordered ten packs of tea and love knowing that they will stay fresh for over a year.
- 10% discount for first-time customers. Who wouldn’t like this?
- They have a wide selection of black, green, oolong, white, herbal and rooibos teas. Coffee lovers will also be impressed with their extensive coffee selection.
- Extremely good value for money. I think they have some of the best prices on tea that I’ve seen.
- I received my online order within five days.
Things to think about:
- Unlike many other online tea shops, The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company does not offer free postage on large orders within the UK (for example: free shipping on orders more than £30 or £40). They do, however, have very reasonable postage rates. I paid £2.65 for 575 grams of tea sent through Royal Mail 1st class.
- My order did not include small samples of tea to try. Perhaps this marketing strategy is more common with places I dealt with in the past. However, The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company does entice customers to write reviews about their teas by having a draw each month that gives three lucky customers a £20.00 voucher.
- When I stumbled upon The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company, it was really by accident. I feel like I have a pretty good knowledge of tea shops in the UK, which I have amassed through social media, but The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company are not big in Twitter or Facebook land (I know this is important to some). Don’t let this stop you from giving them a try.
The Kent & Sussex Tea and Coffee Company is definitely worth a try. Thus far I’ve been blown away by the teas I ordered from them. They offer great value for money. If I’m ever in Pluckley, I would love to stop by and check out their shop.